I’M VERY SATISFIED WITH MY FAST-DEVELOPING BACKBONE NOWADAYS.
I HAVE A BACKBONE. WATCH ME AND MY BACKBONE IN ACTION.
– I can finally unflinchingly offend people
– I finally have a satisfactory degree of self-esteem in my dealings with people
– I finally feel like an independent person instead of a reaction to everyone else around me
– I feel like I’m finally living
– I finally, truly can ‘DON’T GIVE A DAMN’
– I finally can be to the slightest degree, selfish, without making an attempt to patch it up. I practice self-preservation
– I’m starting to be shameless when circumstances calls for it
– I’m finally deliberately attracting the positive and dumping the negative
All these came from (not exhaustively):
– Reaction to my painful personal history (which was fundamentally) a result of poor reactions to events which are well-documented in my archives
– Putting myself in the shoes of others— this time not with the value judgment of not invoking anything negative in people but with the moderated aim of being nice enough to be a normal human being (when dealing with people)
– A heightened understanding of what people are like, especially in a social setting
So yeah, watch me and my backbone in action. I’m not going to keep the negative energy around me for sentimental’s sake or for social grace.
Also, to a specific case: You’re bloody annoying and people who have interacted with you in the past reflected worse testimonials than mine. Since there are plenty of external endorsements, it seems like it is not a rare experience for you at all and I’m not a freak for thinking that you’re unapologetically revolting. (I still make an attempt to justify my actions.) So I’m off with you. And there’s no permanence in this. I was so upset about this that I even talked to my mom about it and I seldom talk to my mom about anything in my life. You don’t deserve this at all and I’m not going to act nice anymore. To hell with you and good riddance.