The exams are finally over, but not over over. More is yet to come. After surviving physics rather well today, I went home and irrationally blew all my time on the computer, in the audiovisual sector. I thought that I should make a track of which bands have survived the test of time since I tend to kill music unintentionally by looping them over and over.
Have listed 10 bands here with a track of theirs — not necessarily my favourite (although some are) nor is it fully representative of them. Just chose them with my careless intuition. And— they are NOT in order.
1. Animal Collective – My Girls
2. Casiotone for the Painfully Alone – Bobby Malone Moves Home (although I liked his new album a lot too)
3. Dan Deacon – Get Older
4. Slot – Dead Stars (although if you’re first listening to them, try ‘2 wars’)
5. Conor Oberst’s projects (Bright Eyes, Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band, Conor Oberst solo) – First Day of my life
6. M83 – Run into Flowers
7. MGMT – The Handshake
8. Beirut – The Penalty
9. Sigur Ros – Saeglopur
10. Explosions in the Sky, God is an Astronaut, Godspeed you! Black Emperor, Hammock, Joy wants Eternity + other post-rock instrumental bands
ETS – First breath after coma
++ Random, scattered indie bands whom I have 1 or 2 tracks of and have not listened listened to them extensively.