Read the following questions, imagining the scenes in your mind, and write down the FIRST THING that you visualize.
Do NOT think about the questions excessively.
1. You are not alone. You are walking in the woods. Who are you walking with?
2. You are walking in the woods. You see an animal. What kind of animal is it?
3. What interaction takes place between you and the animal?
4. You walk deeper in the woods. You enter a clearing and before you is your dream house. Describe its size?
5. Is your dream house surrounded by a fence?
6. You enter the house. You walk to the dining area and see the dining room table. Describe what you see on AND around the table.
7. You exit the house through the back door. Lying in the grass is a cup. What material isthe cup made of?
8. What do you do with the cup?
9. You walk to the edge of the property, where you find yourself standing at the edge of abody of water. What type of body of water is it?
10. How will you cross the water?
I find #2 and #3 the most illuminating.
1. An unknown guy (Okay, unknown guy, I’m out to find you. I don’t even know how he looks. Initally I’d wanted to be with myself but the question disallows.)
2. Racoon (it just occured to me to be a racoon, I didn’t think about it)
3. Walked by it (Duh, what else do you do. Well, I suppose I’d just wanted something small and harmless to come by so that I won’t have to care about it much).
4. A fairly large cottage (IN a forest, its one of the more conceivable architectural structures >_>)
5. Yes (I couldn’t imagine if there were or not. Really couldn’t. But I suppose I would prefer a house with a fence definitely so there.)
6. Unlit, old candles and some wilted flowers <— I’m not generally happy, but the flowers are wilted so… hmm.
7. Porcelain (In that kind of old-world kind of scenarios, porcelain or china is the only conceivable one. Plastic or styrofoam is just too out of place.)
8. Looked at it and walked away (I was afraid that it was possessed or tainted >_> In short, I’m suspicious of it and its location)
9. Stream (I said the stream because its the only conceivable water body IN THE MIDDLE OF A FOREST BY A HOUSE <— at least to me. A lake, a pond or an ocean is scary.)
10. Stepped over it (Of course you step over a stream, what else? Lower your feet into the water for an intentional wash? Haha)
This has been a relational psychology test. The answers given to the questions have been shown to have a relevance to values and ideals that we hold in our personal lives. The analysis follows:
1. The person who you are walking with is the most important person in your life.
2. The size of the animal is representative of your perception of the size of your problems.
3. The severity of the interaction you have with the animal is representative of how you deal with your problems. (passive/aggressive)
4. The size of your dream house is representative of the size of your ambition to resolve your problems.
5. No fence is indicative of an open personality. People are welcome at all times. The presence of a fence indicates a closed personality. You’d prefer people not to drop by unannounced.
6. If your answer did not include food, people, or flowers, then you are generally unhappy.
7. The durability of the material with which the cup is made of is representative of the perceived durability of your relationship with the person named in number 1. For example, styrafoam, plastic, and paper are all disposable, styrofoam, paper and glass are not durable, and metal and plastic are durable.
8. Your disposition of the cup is representative of your attitude towards the person in number 1.
9. The size of the body of water is representative of the size of your sexual desire.
10. How wet you get in crossing the water is indicative of the relative importance of your sex life.